Are you already using a Santa Fe, NM evaporative cooler, otherwise known as a swamp cooler, for your home’s comfort needs during the spring and summer? There are a number of benefits to doing so. An evaporative cooler is a budget-friendly and effective way to cool your home, using moisture instead of refrigerant.
The way your evaporative cooler is set up, it requires a water hookup at the beginning of each cooling season. With spring already here and warmer temperatures well on their way, the time to start up your evaporative cooler is now. Our team is here to help!
Don’t Run Into These Evaporative Cooler Problems
Evaporative coolers are a perfect choice for homeowners throughout our area, given our arid climate. However if they’re not properly cared for and serviced by a professional, you can run into problems, which include the following:
- The Cooler Won’t Start: First, check your circuit breaker to ensure it hasn’t tripped. In the absence of that, however, you may have a problem with the actual system.
- The Cooler Runs but Doesn’t Output Enough Air: This may be a problem with insufficient ventilation. Our team is happy to find and diagnose the issue!
- The Cooler’s Air Is Not Cool Enough: This is typically a case of not enough water—something that can be avoided with a proper start up.
- The Cooler Uses Too Much Water: You might have a leak. Be sure to check for signs of water running from the unit and give our team a call when you see a problem.
- There’s an Odor Coming from the Cooler: Chances are it needs to be cleaned out. If water sits in the bottom pan for too long, it can grow stagnant, which encourages the development of mold, mildew, and other unhealthy microorganisms.
Are You Part of Our Maintenance Program?
Regular maintenance prevents your cooling system from breaking down earlier than it otherwise would, helps it perform more efficiently, and keeps it clean and unclogged. If you’re already part of our maintenance program, there’s no need to worry—we’ll reach out to you soon to schedule your evaporative cooler start up, if we haven’t already!
If not, we encourage you to visit our maintenance page to learn of the many benefits of this preventive service, along with important safety and health facts when it comes to your HVAC systems. When you’re enrolled, you’ll receive priority service, repair discounts, no additional emergency service charges, a two-year guarantee on all repairs, parts and labor, and more.
Don’t Have an Evaporative Cooler Yet?
Perhaps you’re exploring your cooling options and are unsure if an evaporative cooler is the right choice. It can certainly be a benefit to homes that don’t already have an AC system in place, since we know how hot our summers can get! We’re happy to discuss all your cooling system options with you, since while an evaporative cooler may be a good choice, there are plenty of other types of cooling systems to choose from as well.
For quality professional HVAC services throughout the Santa Fe area, contact Roadrunner Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration today!