The official start of fall is a little less than a month away, but that doesn’t mean we’re done dealing with warmer temperatures just yet. With how much work our air conditioners have already gone through this cooling system, it’s likely something could go wrong—especially if you didn’t invest in air conditioning maintenance before summer began.
Whether your cooling system has started making odd, alarming clanging sounds, the blower fan has shut off, or you don’t feel cool air coming from your vents, it’s always a possibility that you’ll find a need for quality air conditioning repair in Albuquerque, NM. And when you do, we’re the team to call. But why can’t you just do the job on your own?
The Problem with Amateur AC Services
We understand how tempting it can be to hire a cheap handyman, or even to look up some “how-to” videos online and make the repairs on your own. After all, we live in a “do-it-yourself” culture these days.
However, when it comes to a malfunctioning air conditioner, trying to repair one without the proper training and experience to do so can end up wasting your time and money. Plus, it can result in an AC unit that’s in worse shape than it was to begin with. The best way to ensure quality AC repairs is by trusting a professional to do the job. When you do so, you’ll have a technician who can:
- Correctly Diagnose the Problem: For the untrained eye, it can be—and often is—difficult to spot why an air conditioner is malfunctioning. For instance, an air conditioner’s fan shutting off could be caused by a burnt-out motor, or it could be the result of a failed capacitor. It may be neither of these issues and instead a lost connection to the thermostat. If you can’t diagnose why a problem occurs, then naturally you cannot make the correct repairs—but a professional HVAC technician can.
- Safely Handle Refrigerant: Refrigerant is the heat transfer fluid that exists within your air conditioner and enables it to move heat from inside your home to the outside. Repairs sometimes do deal with this fluid, since refrigerant leaks are relatively common. Because refrigerant poses environmental risks as well as safety risks, only licensed professionals are legally able to work with it, and they know how to properly dispose of refrigerant should they need to.
- Keep Your Warranty Current: Your AC system’s warranty is what protects you from having to pay high costs to replace an air conditioner if it breaks down before its time. Keeping your warranty current requires having maintenance done on a routine basis, and ensuring that you only trust a professional for your cooling system repairs.
- Use the Right Equipment: AC repairs require using the right type of equipment, which isn’t easily available to the average consumer. And even if you are able to get ahold of professional-grade equipment, it takes specific training to know how to properly use it, to avoid injury as well as further damage to your system.
- Save You Time: Amateur work is almost always going to take longer to complete than professional work. This is because they might be going in blind with no idea what’s wrong with your system. It’s also because with the lack of experience, it’s going to take them longer to make certain repairs. If you’re in the middle of one of the hottest days of the year, do you really want to waste time in hopes that your air conditioner issue will be resolved?
When you are looking for quality air conditioning repair services, look no further than Roadrunner Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration. Contact us today!